Azure Resource Naming

Update 10/2016 - This posting is better viewed in my new blog.


On several occasions I’ve had issues with the naming of my Azure resources. The most annoying of these issues was when I’d created a resource for prototyping in one subscription, deleted it and then attempted to recreate it with the same name under a different subscription only to discover that the name had been “reserved” for some period of time under the initial subscription. After I was bitten by this issue a couple times I went in search of documentation for the timings for such name reservations but came up wanting. A post to the MSDN forums confirmed that no such documentation exists so I decided to create it myself.

The site listed below is my ongoing attempt to document some of these naming restrictions.

http://azurenaming.azurewebsites.net/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ClickOnce, Squirrel and Nuts

How HTML5 destroyed my CSLA dream

A Walk Through Azure Functions